Kite is a moderate, natural, responsive, light, yet effective web and portable exchanging mobile trading application offered by Zerodha. Data transmission utilization of under 0.5 Kbps for a full market watch, broad outlining with more than 100 pointers and 6 graph sorts, propelled arrange sorts like Brackets and cover, millisecond arranges positions, and that’s only the tip of the iceberg. Utilized by more than 70,000 customers and serving more than 5 million demands a day without any issue.
How to activate kite account?
After account opening, two emails are sent by zerodha: Welcome email & Password email.
Welcome email: Welcome email contains login and password details to Q, our reporting tool. Q contains all historical reports, tax P&L, ledger, fund withdrawal requests, historical holdings/positions table, trade and P&L visualizations (quant reports) to help improve trading performance and more.
Password email: This email contains the trading/Kite user ID, and the first time login password. A prompt to change this while logging into Kite for the first time will be made.
What if I forgot the password?
Forgot password link under the login window on Kite can be used to reset passwords if forgotten.
Four wrong password attempts block the Kite (trading) account. Once blocked, contact 080-40402020 or firstname.lastname@example.org to unblock.
Note: Kite web is available in 11 different languages. Language preference can be selected at the bottom of the login page.
kite zerodha available in kite web and kite android
Kite web: A slick, full-fledged HTML5 trading platform with streaming market data, advanced charts, an elegant UI, and more.
Key Features of Kite zerodha web
1.Dashboard: Overview of the account, with a treemap visualization of stock holdings based on the invested amount, current value, and P&L. Horizontal bar graph to view the most profitable and loss-making positions. Mouse over visualizations to see the values.
One smart search box to instantly search tens of thousands of instruments and contracts across all segments and exchanges.
5 marketwatch’s numbered 1 to 5, with a limit of 20 scrips per marketwatch.
Scripts on the marketwatch with a briefcase icon indicating the quantity of holdings or positions as shown below.
Examples to search and add scrips onto Marketwatch
1) To add Nifty index either search for index, or nifty 50 index, select and click on +. Similarly search for any other indices.
2) To add Reliance BSE, just search for Reliance BSE.
3) To add Banknifty 16th June 17000 CE (weekly option), search for Banknifty 16 June 17000 CE.
Use up and down arrow to scroll within the marketwatch. Scrips added auto saved and both Kite web & mobile marketwatch are in sync.
Shortcut key to switch marketwatch – ctrl+shift+1 (1 to 5, based on which marketwatch to switch to).
Mouse over the scrip on the marketwatch or select and click D to open the market depth. Market depth gives the best 5 bids and offers. Multiple market depth windows can be opened at the same time.
Qty indicates the quantity available for buying/selling at a particular price
Orders indicate the number of orders pending at that particular price on the exchange
O: Open price for the day
H: Highest price for the day
L: Lowest price for the day
C: Closing price of previous day
Click on the stock widget button to view a fundamental data snapshot for stocks, both in marketwatch and holdings.
5. Toggle – price/percentage change
Switch between seeing either absolute value of change or % change from previous day’s closing price.
Fund Transfer: Transfer can be done by using paymet gatway,NEFT/RTGS/IMPS
Withdrawal: Equity delivery settlement takes T+2 days in India. Cash realized from stocks sold is available under withdrawal balance after 2 trading days.
Equity intraday and F&O settlement take T+1 day. Profit from any intraday equity or F&O trade is available under withdrawal balance from the next trading day.
All equity fund withdrawal requests are processed once every trading day at around 7.30 pm. Any request placed after is processed only the next trading day. So any withdrawal request placed on Friday after 7.30 pm will be processed only Monday which is the next trading day.
All commodity fund withdrawal requests are processed trading days (Monday to Friday) at 9 am. All requests after that is processed only on the next trading day.
All fund withdrawals are processed using FT/NEFT/RTGS. Ideally HDFC bank clients should receive funds same day, and all other bank clients before noon next day. Funds might take much longer to hit the bank account on days like when exchange delays in issuing trade files, special trading days, F&O expiry days, and if we have any technical issues.
Indian banks are now closed for two Saturdays every month. Hence withdrawal requests placed on 2nd and 4th Fridays (for non-HDFC Bank account holders) will get credited only Monday morning.
If multiple bank accounts are mapped to the trading account, all withdrawal requests will be processed only to the primary bank account mapped. To change the primary bank account, download this form, sign it, and courier it back to us.
Hover over the scrip on the watchlist to initiate a Buy/Sell order window. Use shortcut keys B or S.Shortcut keys – B (Buy), S (Sell)
CNC (Cash n Carry)
For delivery based equity trades.To buy stocks for CNC or for delivery 100% money required. To sell stocks as CNC, stocks need to be available in holdings.
MIS (Margin intraday squareoff)
For intraday trades in equity and F&O
Trade using MIS for additional leverage/margin. All MIS positions auto-squared off 10 to 15 minutes before close of markets or when losses exceed 50% of margin (Auto-square off rule can vary based on market conditions).
- Upto 10 times intraday leverage for equity
- Upto 3 times for futures
- Upto 3 times for options shorting
- No leverage for option buying
NRML (Normal F&O trades)
For intraday/overnight F&O trades without additional leverage. Exchange stipulated margins, positions taken as NRML can be held until expiry, provided required margins maintained.
Limit (LMT) order
- Place buy or sell order at a predetermined price
Market (MKT) order
- Place an order to be bought or sold at the best available price.
- Because of illiquidity of stock option contracts, market orders have been disabled on stock options. Only limit orders are allowed. Place a limit buying order higher than the current price or selling order below the current price, this will act as good as market order but will also protect from any impact cost due to illiquidity.
Stoploss or trigger orders (SL and SL-M)
- Stoploss if placing a predetermined loss booking order at a trigger price.
- Trigger if using this type of order to enter a fresh buy above the current market price or sell below the current market price when the trigger price is hit.
- SL if limit order to be sent when trigger is hit. SL-M if a market order to be sent when trigger is hit.
- For guaranteed execution, always use SL-M.
Placing an order
- Either click on Buy/Sell or hit enter on the keyboard to place an order.
- First trade after every new login requires a transaction password for authentication.
Order placed notification in a green box.
Order confirmation/rejection in the notification box.
- Shortcut key – O
- Use the orderbook to track all open, completed, and rejected orders. Edit or cancel pending orders with mouse over as shown below.
- Use “>” key to know the order details including reasons for any rejected orders.
Use smart search option to quickly filter orders
Advanced order types
Click on “more options” for selecting advance order types
Regular orders with time validity
- Day orders for orders to be valid till end of day (selected by default)
- IOC (Immediate or cancel) for orders to be cancelled if not filled completely immediately.
- Intraday limit orders (NSE, NSE F&O) with a target and stoploss and an optional trailing SL all placed simultaneously. Target, Stoploss, and Trailing SL all activated only once the original limit order executed.
- SL automatically cancelled if target is met and target automatically cancelled if SL is hit. Trailing SL which is optional trails the stoploss price or moves the SL price everytime the scrip moves in a favorable direction by the trailing stoploss value mentioned.
- For example, below order to buy Nifty at 8121with a 10 point SL (or 8111) and a 10 point target (or 8131). Trailing SL of 1 point, which means if Nifty goes up by 1 point to 8122, SL automatically changes from 8111 to 8112.
- Bracket orders provide higher leverage because of predetermined stoploss. order margin calculator.
- To modify or cancel a pending bracket order, visit the order book and edit the order.
- To exit an executed bracket order, click on either the pending SL or Target order in the orderbook and click exit.
- Bracket orders (BO) valid only for intraday, all open BO positions automatically squared off normally 10 minutes before market close.
- Bracket orders can’t be converted to NRML or CNC. Exit the bracket orders and take fresh positions using NRML or CNC to carry forward positions.
Intraday market orders (NSE, NSE F&O, Currency, and MCX) with a predetermined stoploss order. Similar to bracket orders, higher leverage due to fixed stoploss and all positions auto-squared off before market close. know more on Cover orders, and cover order margin calculator.
AMO (After market orders)
Place orders for the next trading day the previous day itself. After market orders can be placed from between 4.00 pm to 9.14 am, know more After market order. Only CNC/NRML/MIS orders allowed as AMO.
- 9 am to 9.15 am – Pre market
- 9.15 am to 3.30 pm – Normal trading
- 3.40 pm to 4.00 pm – Post market
- 9 am to 5 pm – Normal trading
- 10 am to 11.30 pm – during day light savings time – March to November
- 10 am to 11.55 pm – November to MarchPortfolio
View stock holdings and F&O positions along with average entry price and live P&L.
Kite Zerodha Customer Care.
Create a ticket: http://support.zerodha.com/
153/154 4th Cross Dollars Colony
Opp. Clarence Public School
J.P Nagar 4th Phase
Bangalore – 560078
Or visit over 100 branches and partner offices: https://zerodha.com/contact-us
- Overall Rating